How to Make a Natural Cork Baguette Bag
The classic baguette bag is a trend that withstand over the time. This design is and absolute must have to your bags collection, and what better option of a cork one? Actually, what better option than a cork one made by yourself?
Folllow these steps and create your own DIY Cork Baguette bag:
- Choose your favourite cork fabric!
- To make this bag we’ll need matching lining fabrics, thread and zipper
- cut 2 pieces of the side panel, cut 1 piece bottom panel (repeat till here for lining), cut 2 pieces for the handle strap;
- after cutting check if you have all these pieces before sewing;
- pre-prep the strap (stitch-them together and finish the edge with an edging solution);
- attach the zipper to the panels as shown;
- make a top stitch on either sides to get a neat finish;
- Stitch the sides together along with Linking panel this way;
- pin them together neatly and start stitching. Make sure to go a bit slow in the corner curves;
- next attach it to the other side this way;
- again pin it along together and stitch them;
- The main body of the bag is almost complete;
- attach the prepared handles to bag (raw edge to be pushed inside the bag);
- make small slashes to the curved corners to remove tension;
- turn the bag inside out and check;
- stitch the lining panels the same way you made the shell;
- before finishing the bag make sure you press open the seams and glue them together;
- attach the lining fabric (hand hem it or give top stitch along the zipper stitch line);
Your cute baguette bag is ready!
Leave a comment